Thursday, August 16, 2007

Around the Blogosphere: Beatles, Hives, Flop, Boomtown Rats, Sniff n the Tears, Stars, Ether Aura, Billy Bragg, Fathom 5, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I made a vow of sorts I would not put more than five songs from Retro Music Snob in any one post. How ludacris,*** but I've stuck to it so far. Anyway, there's a lot of groovy stuff out there right now just waiting to be "sampled." For example:

The Beatles - Help! - Retro Music Snob
The Hives - Tick Tick Boom (Ruisrock 07 live) - Retro Music Snob
Flop - A. Wylie - Retro Music Snob - Silly name, excellent group, from the several songs I've heard so far.
The Boomtown Rats - Up All Night - Retro Music Snob - Apt title
Sniff n the Tears - Drivers Seat - Retro Music Snob

Stars - Ageless Beauty - Dead Flowers: Anglophiles Anonymous - Absolutely pins me.
Ether Aura - Twist & Tell Me That I’m Nothing - Hits in the Car - I'll long be grateful to Morten for introducing me to these Detroiters, one of the treasures of the last year. . .and decade.
Billy Bragg - Take Down the Union Jack (Remix) - Songs: Illinois
Fathom 5 - And the Words - Coast is Clear - One word: shoegaze.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 10 x 10 - The Glorious Hum - Notice the first/last connection? I only just did.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion - Instrumental Analysis

Thanks, hostpersons.

***Please don't laugh, but at first I spelled it "ludakris!" Duh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...