Monday, December 04, 2006

Mitch Easter & Shalini

Ouch, I wish I’d gotten there first. I was at Mitch Easter’s new MySpace site a couple of months ago, but in the meantime, exciting developments have transpired, and the venerable, indispensable 3hive nailed them. I will therefore exercise proper restraint. I’d like to post all three songs available, but for now will limit myself to one and encourage you to visit 3hive for the rest. I do want all three in that Streampad thingy to the right, though, so in the fairly near future, I’m going to add the others. Easter, of course, was the leader of the great 80s indie band, Let’s Active, as well as producer for many groups, including R.E.M., Game Theory, The Loud Family, Velvet Crush, Marshall Crenshaw, Pavement, and Australia’s The Hummingbirds. He currently performs both solo and in Shalini, a trio fronted by his wife Shalini Chatterjee and rounded out by Eric Marshall, Let’s Active’s last drummer.

ShaliniMetal Corner - Synthesize mp3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! i remember watching 'every word means no' video back in the early 80's. it was a magical time for college radio music. let's active is a forgotten treasure!

pplist said...

Totally magical, a true golden age for me, you (apparently :) ) and many others. A very special person introduced me to Let's Active and very early R.E.M. at the same time, and it was love at first listen. The video for "Every Word Means No" is great and can be seen at the Let's Active MySpace site:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=113289697

I always loved the "Beefeater" hairdos of the era (e.g., look at the drummer, Sara Romweber). Fab! Heck, I should just go ahead and post the MyTube video, as well.

pplist said...

Bearskin hairdos, duh. Beefeater would be a flattop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...