Saturday, October 11, 2008

My First Days on My First Days on Junk. . .


. . . have been quite glorious. I don't usually say things like this to kids your age, but it must be said: These Burlington, Vermonters are pushing one of the best albums of the year, so far as yo soy concerned. Absolute shoegaze/psych/J&M Chain-style heaven. I first heard "Try Hard" at 5 Acts, bought almost the entire LP here (I'm a singles guy, as you may have noticed, so copping 8 of 13 songs on an album almost lacks precedent), followed Casey'n'Michelle's MML link to MFDoJ' s MySpace page, wrote 'em, and got MFDoJer Steve Williams' generous permission to "post a few songs" . . . "(a)s long as you don't post the whole record. . ." (exact quotes, lifted from the email). Oh, Steve, Steve, Steve, you don't know how that did tempt me. Sheer pleasant agony it was trying to figure which three (painfully self-imposed limit) to do. The first one's a no-brainer (convenient for me), a surefire hypnotic pinner. The others follow suit. Plus it all reminds me of the blissful life aquatic back in Shanghai harbour. (Me love metaphor mix, yum, smack.)


P.S.: I'll probably soon regret the inane (mostly honest) intro, so if it's no longer here, that's why.

4 comments:

4casey4 said...

We fuckin love ya... did we mention that in our email?

Byron Crites said...

nice....this might help bring me out of my current classical music shell...bc

pplist said...

Thanks, Casey! Zee feelink ees moochl.

pplist said...

Hello, dear By! I'll bet the shell's big enough to accomodate both genres. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...