Thursday, February 07, 2008

Around the Blogosphere: Lotsa Goodos

Today we celebrate the discovery of a couple more excellent blogs new to us, along with highly satisfying finds at some old favorites. Well, in the blogosphere, nothing's that old, but you det my grift. Should the hosterposters' peepers ever pan this way, it is hoped they (the hp's) will appropriate unto themselves our most sincere thanks.

The excellent Setting the Woods on Fire has a lot of C&W (which to these ears is usually marginally interesting), but look what else I found.

Elvis Costello & The Attractions – (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding – Setting the Woods on Fire
Pretenders – Brass in Pocket – Setting the Woods on Fire
The Kinks – Waterloo Sunset – Setting the Woods on Fire
Big Star – The Ballad of El Goodo – Setting the Woods on Fire
The Replacements – Can't Hardly Wait (Tim version) – Setting the Woods on Fire

Actually, I'd been to the excellent Timedoor some time ago but must make a point of putting it on the rota. I delight not only in the music at the excellent Infrasons but look forward as well to practicing my (nonexistent) French.

Embrooks – Back in My Mind – Infrasons
Split Enz – Six Months in a Leaky Boat – Timedoor – plus several other versions, including a nice acoustic one by Tim Finn

As always, Peter's up to much good at the excellent Coast is Clear.

New Ghosts – Blue Night & Here Comes the Snakes – Coast Is Clear
Bubblegum Lemonade – Ten Years Younger – Coast Is Clear
Strawberry Whiplash – Who’s In Your Dreams – Coast Is Clear

And Jared's pretty much out of control over at the excellent 5 Acts, by which I mean to say, "Well done, sir."

XTC – Earn Enough For Us – 5 Acts
The Psychedelic Furs – The Ghost In You – 5 Acts
A Sunny Day In Glasgow – The Best Summer Ever – 5 Acts
Dogs Die In Hot Cars – I Love You 'Cause I Have To – 5 Acts

The Raveonettes – Lust – 5 Acts
Nada Surf – Whose Authority – 5 Acts - In case you missed it in an earlier post
Yesan Damen – Whoa! – 5 Acts
Malcolm Middleton – Fight Like The Night – 5 Acts
Sons & Daughters – The Bell – 5 Acts

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to Setting The Woods On Fire! You're definitely right about the country side of things on my blog (maybe I can convert you?), but I also love rock and my taste leans to the power pop side of things. My favorite bands are the Kinks and the Replacements. I also love Big Star, dBs, and many other power pop bands.

I'm looking forward to checking out your blog...

pplist said...

Ah, Paul, the pleasure certainly is mine. . .and hopefully my visitors'! You're posting terrific music of various genres, and I look forward to paying you regular visits. Thank you very much for your comment.

Infrason said...

Hi,
Good surprise to read something about my blog.
Thanks a lot!

pplist said...

Thanks for the great music and for visiting here. I'm looking forward to stopping by Infrasons often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...