Saturday, September 01, 2007

Around the Blogosphere: Beatles, R.E.M., Primitives, Church, Midnight Oil, Split Enz, a-ha, Ramones, Earlimart, Apples in Stereo, Built to Spill, etc.

I wanted to say a little something about this Around the Blogosphere series. I only do it to point you toward music I either already know and like or am newly discovering and like. I don't pretend to be hosting the music and only use the color coding to help you easily find the artists' names and to give credit to the generous bloggers who are hosting it. My thought always goes something like, "This is good stuff. I'll bet some visitors to Powerpopulist might like it, too." So far no hosting bloggers have complained about my sending them more traffic, but I would certainly cease mentioning them at the drop of a word.

I have been very grateful to the excellent aggregator Totally Fuzzy for letting me update at their blog and by their leave will continue to do so, but only songs that are downloadable from my blog. (I do post such music here, even if lately it hasn't been all that obvious.) At the Fuzzy Crew's request I will no longer be updating the Around the Blogosphere posts at Totally Fuzzy. If you have found these posts useful, please continue to stop by Powerpopulist to see some of what's available in the big, beneficent blogosphere, mainly in the realm of powerpop and indie but also "whatever we like." (You might also consider subscribing to a feed by clicking that orange feeder thingy in the upper right-hand corner.) I totally respect Totally Fuzzy and will abide by the rules and vision under which they operate. I have found tons of great music at TF and look forward to continuing to do so. As indicated, I will also continue to post music downloadable right here at Powerpopulist. My only purpose is to put you in touch with music we all might like.

Soooooo, here's some of what I've recently found. As I've said before, I try and post this information soon after finding it because most of these hosted songs only remain posted for a relatively short period of time, usually one or two weeks. I envy the bloggers who have been able to work out arrangements with the artists and record labels who let them host the music. A score or so artists and labels have allowed me to do so as well, and perhaps the longer I blog, the more I will have opportunities to host music here.

The Beatles - Across the Universe - Retro Music Snob - One of my very most favorites by my very most favorites
R.E.M. - So. Central Rain & Fall on Me & Talk About the Passion & The One I Love - Retro Music Snob - + a couple more
The Primitives - Crash & Secrets & Way Behind Me - Retro Music Snob
The Church - Under the Milky Way - Retro Music Snob

Midnight Oil - King of the Mountain & Blue Sky Mine - Retro Music Snob
Split Enz - Six Months in a Leaky Boat - Retro Music Snob
a-ha - Take on Me - Retro Music Snob
Ramones - Here Today, Gone Tomorrow & Little Bit O’ Soul - Retro Music Snob
Ramones - We’re a Happy Family - Retro Music Snob

Earlimart - Answers & Questions - 5 Acts
The Apples in Stereo - Can You Feel It - BragginBilly
Built to Spill - Mess with Time - Instrumental Analysis
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - American X - Instrumental Analysis

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...