Sunday, February 01, 2009

Music of the Sphere, cont'd

Pockets in Reading

The recent slacking caused us to get behind, yada yada. Muchas gracias a los hosts.

The Pale Saints - Colours and Shapes - mp3hugger
Burning Hearts - I Lost My Colour Vision - mp3hugger - Get your aspirations over to the hugger right now, as I suspect the song's about to go down. If you're too late, you can find it here at the superb (and I mean supoib!) Shelflife Records Blog.

Speaking of which, look what else I found there!:

Hot Silk Pockets - Body Clock - Shelflife Records Blog - This Glasgow/Southend/South Wales/Yorkshire band's unpretentious little ditty has been delighting us for several years now.


The Ruling Class - Sleeping Beauty - Dead Flowers - Maybe you missed our post of another song by TRC here. The post has some other groovies, too, in our humble opinion (including Teenage Fanclub and Neutral Milk Hotel). Oh, and um, Fannies fans, there's another one here.

Morrissey - Irish Blood English Heart - AWmusic - Saw "Moz" do it on Later. . . and bought the lp immediately. What a song. (BTW, without the "inverted commas" I'd be affecting a "cool-blogger-in-the-know" pose, hence the "inverted commas.")
My Bloody Valentine - Soon - AWmusic
Woodpigeon - Love In The Time of Hopscotch - AWmusic - + 2 more nice ones
The Cure - Boys Don't Cry - AWmusic

The Mighty Lemon Drops - Pass You By & Take My Heart - Fuzzy Pop
The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Come Saturday & Everything With You - Fuzzy Pop - I previously posted that second song and earlier posted some others by TPOBPAH here (along with, you guessed it, some other groovies).
XTC - Senses Working Overtime - Setting the Woods on Fire
Hotpipes - Future Bolt - page 300

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...