Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SXSW 2009 - Post One: Dollyrots, Zolof the R&R Destroyer, Artefacts For Space Travel, Cocktail Slippers, Magneta Lane

I know I sound like a broken mp3 but I really do get excited every year when the Southwest by Southwest Music Festival posts its schedule of showcases, along with hundreds and hundreds of mp3s by artists who will be performing in Austin, Texas (USA) on the dates indicated above. Over the next I don't know how many days, I'll be posting some of my favorites. Some of them are actually old friends, some I've already posted, but one of the great pleasures is coming across bands totally new to me. Clicking the song titles will unleash the music. Clicking the artist names will take you to that particular act's SXSW page, where you can see pictures and visit band and MySpace pages. I hope you find a lot to like. After experimenting a bit, I'm going to do two quick initial posts because some of these groups have long names and I want to be sure and get all these groups included in the LABELS thingies at the bottom of the post. I probably didn't need to share that bit of bloggatrivia, but oh well. Incidentally, SXSW posts from previous years can be found here.

The Dollyrots - My Best Friend's Hot mp3
Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer - Death or Radio mp3
Artefacts For Space TravelRecoup mp3
The Cocktail Slippers - Give It To Me mp3
Magneta Lane - Lady Bones mp3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...