Monday, November 09, 2009

Music of the Sphere: Icecream Hands, Nines, Even, Wellingtons. Hummingbirds, Church, XTC, Stealers Wheel, Squeeze, Beatles, Guadalcanal, Ramones, &c.

Picture Credit

I really hadn't planned on doing another spherepost so soon, but if you were to miss these, I would be very sad, and we can't have that. Be sure to thank the hosts, as I do most fervently. (Click to visit.)

The Hummingbirds - If A Vow - Peter's Power Pop - Long-time favorites always give me a (love) buzz.

The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night - Peter's Power Pop - Excellent new-to-me's with an extensive back catalogue. I will definitely be checking them out.

The Raveonettes - Heart of Stone - Dead Flowers - I only placed them last so they could be close to themselves. (See most recent post below.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm shocked. It's been almost a week and no-one's commented on your sterling efforts to spread the word with some fabulous songs. Where is everybody? (Hopefully, they're all busy listening to the songs you listed.)

A huge thanks, by the way, for mentioning all those songs from my posts. I'm happy to keep supplying them if you're happy to keep mentioning them.

pplist said...

Thanks for noticing this, Peter. In my day job I do a fairly good job of getting people to share ideas and feedback; here, not so much. I've composed many an imaginary post expressing how I feel about this neglect but for the nonce shall simply carry on as the happy idiot. I thank you again, and most sincerely, for the superb music I'm finding at Peter's Power Pop. Rest assured I'll be pointing visitors toward what I find there, even if they never write a word in response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...