Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Music of the Sphere: Mod Edition, Installment 1

I've got a new friend (who, as usual, doesn't actually know me). His name is Mr. Suave, and he's a Mod. There's a lot more I could tell you about him, but you can easily read and hear all about it at his fantastic blog, Mr. Suave's Mod Mod World. For our immediate purposes, the main thing you need to know is that Mr. S has posted an incredibly large and most excellent buncha songs by mod and mod-influenced artists. Mr. S is not a stickler for genrefication, so his repetoire is deep and wide and includes powerpop, psych, garage, ska, r&b, and other genres. I've found so many ace songs I'm going to spread my favorites out over several posts. ("Uh oh," you say, "when pp says stuff like that, we reach for grains, maybe even pillars of salt, not to mention the fact he hasn't even posted for A FREAKIN' MONTH!") And you are very wise to do so. But, please, be moderate. Give pp a chance. Let's just see what happens, mkay?

Lined up below, like so many eager Vespas and Lambrettas, are the pleasure vehicles of Installment 1. Click them to scoot over to MSMMW. I rather think you won't be disappointed. Oh, I should also say that once there, you can either click Mr. S's post titles or the blue mini-players to hear and possibly download the songs. You can often right-click the post title to download the song. Click his blog name at the top to go to his homepage and check out his fun-filled modcasts. Of course, many thanks to The Suave One for turning us on to so much great music. And many thanks as well to the most excellent Peter over at Peter's Power Pop, where I discovered Mr. S in a comment.

The Madd - You Can Be My Baby - Mr. Suave's Mod Mod World
The Anydays - On My Way - Mr. Suave's Mod Mod World
Mystic Eyes - My Time To Leave - Mr. Suave's Mod Mod World
The Sorentinos - Summertime - Mr. Suave's Mod Mod World
Modest Proposal - Already An Angel & Seen Your Face Before - Mr. Suave's Mod Mod World


The Attack - Feel Like Flying - Mr. Suave's Mod Mod World
The Buzzcocks - Nostalgia - Mr. Suave's Mod Mod World
Julie Ocean - At The Appointed Hour - Mr. Suave's Mod Mod World - I previously posted an excelente by Julie Ocean here. There are other extant excelentes in that post as well.
The Naomi Star - She Told Me - Mr. Suave's Mod Mod World
Shoes - Your Very Eyes - Mr. Suave's Mod Mod World - I previously posted a couple of songs by this, one of my all-time favorite bands, here.

2 comments:

johnnybgoode said...

kool find! thanks mr ppop! johnbuck

pplist said...

Thanks, John. I was excited, too. More to come.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...