Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday Night Finds

Making the rounds tonight, I found some hostings you might like. First, several blogs are posting songs off The Shins' new album, Wincing the Night Away, which I recently posted on, as well. Music for Kids Who Can’t Read Good has "Australia," Bows+Arrows has “Sleeping Lessons,” and An Aquarium Drunkard has “Sea Legs.” I don't know if Heather over at I Am Fuel, You Are Friends is projecting, but she is posting one of my very favorite songs by Guided by Voices, "Chasing Heather Crazy." She also posts The Smithereens covering The Beatles' "All My Loving," off the recently released tribute album Meet the Smithereens. The always excellent Mira el Péndulo has songs I enjoyed/downloaded by two lesser known groups, Sourpuss and Tender Engines. (Click the band names for Mira.) This next song didn't immediately kick into me, but it began to make nice moves after a bit: The Wannadies' top 20 British hit, "Hit," found at the consistently rewarding mp3hugger. And, yes, I will myself post a song by super Canadians Sloan that I found at the ever-generous Amp Camp. Sloan are picced, which may or may not be a word, but this is a colorful freakin' post, man.

Sloan - Even Though mp3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...