Monday, November 26, 2007

Poppish Plot: American Suitcase, The Color Wheels, Jonathan Rundman, Roadside Poppies, Fjord Rowboat

As I've said more times than you care to remember, I love bloggal archives. So the other night I was prowling around the early days' of one of my favorite blogs, Milk Milk Lemonade, and found "Lloyd Christmas," a pure little number by Oslovians, American Suitcase. I was so intrigued that a simple click took me to AS's website, where I unpacked the first two songs below. Wowser (if I might wax eloquent--and someday I might)! Anyway go see Casey and Michelle here to get "Lloyd Christmas"and do the usual below to hear the ones I found.

American Suitcase
Change mp3

The plot thickens with a few recent finds:

Jonathan RundmanCarol of the Bells mp3
Roadside Poppies - A bit donnish perhaps, but hey, they're Cantabrigians!
Wed-nes-day mp3 - Good song, but I will certainly ignore their absurd stricture. Viva Frosted Minis Forever, and till my teeth rot! Hooah! Sheesh.
Just Another Love Song mp3

Let's polish off this strange little conspiracy with a bit of the old newgaze. Thanks to another favorite blogger, Peter at Coast is Clear, who has more.

Fjord Rowboat - Paragon mp3 - Speaking of Norway (even though these guys are from Toronto), this group's name makes me hope the MST3K box set my son's "surprising" me with at Christmas has the Scandi episode with the classic reference to "The Adventures of Fjord Fairlane." Any MST3K fans among my visitors?



Click artists' names for more.

3 comments:

4casey4 said...

Hey! Thanks a bunch for the big mention. I almost forgot about that post, but then again I forget plenty of things these days... I blame beer. Anyway, I always enjoy checking out yer digs here. Great stuff.

Casey

pplist said...

Thank YOU, sir. You are too, too kind. I will be forever indebted to you for introducing me to The Happy Few, not to mention all the other past and future leche/citrus vibrations in the brain.

Anonymous said...

New American Suitcase album out November 2nd. Listen to some songs here: http://www.myspace.com/americansuitcase

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...