Friday, January 26, 2007

Big Bloc I: SXSW 2006 Roundup

Okay, I'm a bit skitterish about this one, so please bear with me. Back in early December, I went group-by-group, song-by-song through a long list of artists I found at the 2006 South-by-Southwest festival website. I sampled every song I didn't already know and prepared my own list of the ones I liked best, old friends and new. For various reasons totally uninteresting even to myself I've just never posted a big bloc of the songs, some of which are by some of my favorite current artists. Soooooo, I'm simply going to copy and paste the entire deck of 52 right here and now. Maybe you'll look it over and find some things you like. It might appear a bit overwhelming, maybe it seems a copout on my part, maybe you won't respect me in the morning (and for some of you, it already is morning, so we won't even have to wait). Due to the time factor, I'm not doing the usual drill of providing links to the band names. I trust your ability to Google the ones that interest you. All of these are mp3s. I'm eschewing labelling each one as such so they'll be easier for you to hunt and gather. I have retained spelling and punctuation from the site. If you like this one, I've got a similiar list for SXSW 2005. Also if you like this one, you might want to click on the SXSW link up there and check out the rest of the list for yourself. Maybe you'll discover I left out some of your favorite stuff (although I've posted another twenty or thirty the past month-and-a-half). So without further ado, I post our first Big Bloc. Now I'm going to hide somewhere till the dust settles.

The Ark - One Of Us Is Gonna Die Young
Bellaparker - Instead
Boyskout - Back to Bed
The Brother Kite - Death Ray
Butterfly Explosion - The Great Game
The Capes - Tightly Wound
The Capitol Years - Juicers
The Carrots - The Train Song
Centro-matic - Calling Thermatico
Cruiserweight - Goodbye Daily Sadness
Cuff the Duke - Take My Money And Run
The Dresden Dolls - Girl Anachronism
Dressy Bessy - Electrified
Earlimart - The Hidden Track
Editors - Munich
Elf Power - Walking With the Beggar Boys
epo-555 - Hyperschlieb
The Evangelicals - Diving
Flogging Molly - The Seven Deadly Sins
The Foxymorons - Harvard Hands
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly - Whitewash Is Brainwash
The Giraffes - The Giraffes
The Grates - Sukkafish
Great Lake Swimmers - Various Stages
Headlights - Tokyo
Islands - Dont call me Witney Bobby
Lovetones - Mantra
Mazarin - New American Apathy
The Meligrove Band - Everyone's A Winner
The Mendoza Line - Mysterious in Black
Metric - Monster Hospital
Midlake - Balloon Maker
The Minus 5 - Retrieval Of You
The Morning After Girls - High Skies
The Most Serene Republic - Content Was Always My Favorite Colour
Jim Noir - My Patch
Of Montreal - Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games
OK GO - A million ways
The Owls - Air
Owen - She's a Thief
Page France - Junkyard
Palaxy Tracks - Grey Snake
Ariel Pink - helen
Pink Mountaintops - Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy
Rainer Maria - Burn
Silversun Pickups - Kissing Families
Sound Team - Fastest Man Alive
Tullycraft - Stowaway
The Twilight Singers - Teenage Wristband
Laura Veirs - Galaxies
The Whigs - Violet Furs
zZz - House of Sin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...