Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Shins: Wincing the Night Away

As you have perhaps noticed, I'm not much given here to writing reviews. My main and pleasant task is to post music I like and you might. I don't emote much about songs, preferring to let you decide for yourself. If I post a song, it means I like or love it. You might not, and that's (sniff) fine. I have my reasons but they might not necessarily be yours. I jotted down a lot of notes as I first listened to The Shins' Wincing the Night Away, released today, thinking I might, this once, depart from form. It's just not what I want to do. Most of what I might say would merely feel like showing off or showing (myself) up. I've purposely avoided haunting all my favorite music blogs today so as not to be predisposed one way or another. It's been fun and strange to know the whole indie world is abuzz about this but still not know exactly what they're saying. But I'll say this: I love this band and I love this album. I'm right on the verge of letting go and raving, but I'll hold myself in check. Two groups have by far attracted more visits to this blog than any others: The Beatles and The Shins, and with good reason. So I'll simply repost "Phantom Limb" and three earlier songs and let it be and encourage you one way or another to get and let the rest of this sublime music flow through you. The Shins will definitely. . .you know.

The Shins
Wincing the Night Away - Phantom Limb mp3
Oh, Inverted World - Know Your Onion mp3
Chutes Too Narrow
Kissing The Lipless mp3
So Says I mp3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...